Thursday 5 July 2012

Left Seattle and made it home

Well, once again I awoke to dogs pushin me off the bed. Man, I love it... I can't thank u enough for showin me around Seattle and letting me stay at ur beautiful home Kirstin. It really means allot, and actually allowed me to have the best sleep ever.
I headed up the i5 and split off onto hwy 20 east toward the north cascades. Ripped through the rad lil town of concrete, I love this lil town. Got a few photos and then headed toward diablo lake. Such a beautiful place, waterfalls everywhere on this road. Stopped and got a shit ton of photos there as well. Kept on an passed through Winthrop, twisp, hit omak and started north on 97.
Smokin hot day out there today, got up and through the awesome lil town of tonasket. Before u know it I was at the border and into Canada.
I stopped in west bank to see my am an pa and headed home.
It's so nice to be home. Quite a journey I had. I'm so thankful for the friends I met up with, the friends I made, and the time I got to spend on my own. My head feels clear. I am happy... I don't wanna work anymore. I honestly could drop everything, and leave tomorrow on another trip. It's time to get my shit together and start lookin for a job haha. The music I had crankin on my headphones went from Springsteen to toots and the maytals. I must say Bruce springsteens "we shall overcome" Janes addiction"kettle whistle" facetoface "don't turn away" toots and the maytals "pressure drop" clutch "blast tyrant" Brian setzers "rockabilly riot" were some of my favorites on this journey. Buy these albums. A song that came on this morn when I left Seattle was one that stuck with me...Like Bonn Scott said" it ain't no fun waiting around to be a millionaire" don't wait around... it probably aint gonna happen hehe. Jus get on ur bike and go live...
Before i retire, i Jus want u guys to know. Each and everyone of u has touched my heart in some way and I take a piece of each of u on these journeys. Without u all I wouldn't be me... Thank u all for being here with me. It was such an amazing journey. make sure that u don't wait too long to do the things u wanna do. U never know what tomorrow brings... Thank u all for listening this chapter of easy listening with keveemetal is now complete. STAY TUNED FOR THE SPEED TRIALS AT BONNEVILLE....end of August early September. I'm gonna ride out to bonneville and watch my bro roger take yet another record on the salt flats...

1 comment:

  1. You truly seemed "born free" after this ride, pal. We (Hank, Ira & Bruno, too) all miss ya!

    ReplyDelete